We are always looking for ways to add value and benefits for our members. For this reason, we will convert all of our debit and credit cards from Visa® to MasterCard® on August 18, 2014. But, don’t worry! We plan on making this transition as easy as possible for you.
Why we are making the switch
MasterCard debit and credit cards have enhanced benefits that we are excited to offer to you. In addition, upon careful analysis of our debit and credit card programs, MasterCard proved to be a more innovative service provider for the credit union. MasterCard cards will work just like the Visa cards do and in the same locations.
What you need to know
- Keep using your Visa card through August 17, 2014.
- You will receive a letter announcing the switch for each credit or debit account you have with CU Community Union the week of July 27.
- You will receive a new MasterCard between August 10 – 15, 2014.
- Your Personal Identification Number will change. You will receive a new PIN in the mail.
- Once you activate your new card, you can change your PIN. To do so, please call 877.265.9594 from the United States. International cardholders call 859.488.4130.
- Use your Visa card through August 17. The new MasterCard will be needed on August 18, 2014 and beyond.
- If you use your debit or credit card for recurring monthly payments, please notify all merchants that the card number has changed once you receive your new card.
New Debit Card Benefits--Effective 9/1/2014
- Prewards® – Save money at retailers with Prewards, digital coupons that are linked to your debit card. Savings are added to your account within minutes of purchase.
- Price Protection – If you find a lower price for something you purchased with your CU Community Debit Card and then see it advertised for less within 60 days, this benefit can refund the difference.*
- Extended Warranty Insurance – Doubles the time period and duplicates the coverage of the original manufacturer’s or U.S. store brand warranty on new products for a maximum of one year.*
- Satisfaction Guarantee – Provides up to $250 per new product if you become dissatisfied with it within 60 days of purchase and the merchant will not accept a return.*
- Identity Theft Resolution - Assisted Restoration – If someone tries to steal your identity, we provide the services you need to report and help resolve the incident.
- MasterCard Zero Liability – Protects you from unauthorized purchases on your card should your card be lost or stolen.**
New Credit Card Benefits--Effective 9/1/2014
- Baggage Delay Insurance – You will receive up to $300 to cover expenses incurred for the emergency purchase of essential items you need while on a covered trip.*
- Extended Warranty Insurance – Doubles the time period and duplicates the coverage of the original manufacturer's or U.S. store brand warranty on new products for a maximum of one year.
- Identity Theft Restoration – If someone tries to steal your identity, you will receive support and the tools to report and resolve the incident.
- MasterCard Emergency Cardholder Services – If your card is lost or stolen, MasterCard will provide you with a temporary replacement card the next day and a cash advance within 15 minutes in the United States. If you’re traveling abroad, you will get a cash advance within an hour and a card generally within two days.
- Travel Accident Insurance -- Provides accidental death and dismemberment insurance for the primary cardholder and immediate family members when scheduled travel is purcahsed with the card. Classic cards receive $100,000 of coverage, and Platinum cards receive $250,000 of coverage. *
Please let us know if you have any additional questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 417.865.3912. We will send you more information about your new card benefits in the coming weeks.
*Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Please see your Guide to Benefits for details.